Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fimo Flowers

When I won Let Them have Polish's last contest one of the prizes was a bunch of fimo sticks.  These were my first experience with them, so I looked up some tutorials on Youtube for how to slice them, and Googled some inspiration for what to do with them, and came up with this design:



I split my nail with Zoya Areej (quickly becoming one of my favorite shades) and a basic white polish I got from the dollar store.  I freehanded the dots with my dotting tool with Areej, and then placed my sliced fimo on the line using my Seche Vite top coat, and then added more top coat on top of the fimo slices.

I'll be honest with you guys, even though I LOVED the outcome of this design, it was soooo impractical!  I took it off in less than 24 hours because the little roses were just catching on everything.  I think next time I play with fimo, I'll just use one piece per nail, and put it in a place where it doesn't catch like towards the base of the nail.  It was fun while it lasted though!  What do you think?  Have you used fimo before?

10 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!! I love the colors and the little roses are too cute :) I just got Areej in the mail last week and I can't wait to use it - I haven't ever used Fimo before but I would love to -I always check them out in sally's - maybe next time I will get some :) Love the mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking nail art-I've never used fimo before but it does look very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive JUST got some through the post today! excited to try out some fruit sald nails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just awesome!! It looks so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very cute and feminine. I'm glad you spoke honestly about the practicality of the Fimo for everyday manis. I'll be visiting your blog regularly now. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! I have to try this sometime. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is look so cute, i did this nail art a few days ago, but i got frustrated because the fimo wont stick into the nail, some of it like go wrinkle, haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love using fimo too, but I agree with you. One per nail is usually Ok, more than that is impractical.
    Love the design

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Try cutting the fimo super thinly. After yiu make the design leave it to "rest" for a while or even try sticking it in the freezer for a few mins to firm up. The thin slices lie much flatter and are less annoying!
    Cxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...