Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Blue and White Ceramic Inspired Nails

As I mentioned in my "Whip My Nails" post, I'm currently working my way through the FABULOUS Robin Moses nail art tutorials on YouTube.  As soon as I saw this one, I just knew I had to try it!
 I LOVE this style of ceramics.  My grandmother has a gorgeous collection of them, so I've always had fond memories of them.  And if I was going to try this design, I had to do it before my nails broke.  I knew a breakage was coming soon and while my nails were the perfect length, I had to take advantage of it. I started by painting the tips white and then went to town with this all hand-painted design.  The color I used here is Zoya Breezi.




 Left hand.  It was a little harder on this hand, plus I had some nubbins to deal with, which didn't give much room to get details on.

I'm so proud of this design.  I think this is my favorite manicure to date!  I just love Robin for giving me and all of her followers the confidence to try to tackle such detailed work!  If you haven't checked her out yet, please do!  I'm really looking forward to trying more of her designs, and creating some of my own in the future!  Do you have a favorite Robin Moses tutorial you think I should try?  Let me know in the comments!

Also, don't expect any more frenchies any time soon.  As predicted, I broke about 3 nails this weekend.  Oh, and because I loved this manicure so much, I left it on for like 3 days, which is rare for me, which means I might not have enough designs to do 5 days of manicures this week, which is my goal.  I'll try though! 

4 comments:

  1. That was such a gorgeous RobinMoses look! I have wanted to try it myself, but I'm currently sporting some nubbins. ;)
    Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love robin moses designs. You did a great job! love it I just did one her designs too

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank for introducing me to her channel!
    your recreation is great :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...