Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

China Glaze Four Leaf Clover with a Herringbone Design!

So, I'm kind of in love with China Glaze Four Leaf Clover. Around St. Patty's Day EVERYONE was using this color and it became such a lemming of mine. I wanted it so bad! So, when Sally had their free China Glaze promotion last month, I had to use it to get this gorgeous color, and let me tell you, it lived up to its reputation of a GORGEOUS Kelly Green.
Please forgive my crappy iphone pic of the swatch. I did this mani over at my mom's and was only able to grab a quick snapshot on my phone before I started stamping.

Here is my final manicure.  I used BM 201 plate for the herringbone pattern.  I really loved this manicure.  It felt so trendy to me!  Speaking of trendy, the same night I did this mani, I also reunited with my lover, Pippa, this time on my toes! :D
Something about yellow toes makes me soooooo happy!  BTW, check out my new ottoman from Homegoods, isn't it cute?  Homegoods is definitely a weakness of mine!  I always bring home the cutest decor stuff from there. 

A bit of warning on these vivid China Glaze colors: THEY STAIN!  I use a base coat all the time, and I only ever have trouble with my China Glaze colors staining my nails.  Does anyone else have problems with this brand and staining?  Do I really have to buy a CG base coat to wear their gorgeous colors?  Any tips for me on these, please tell me I'm not the only one that has this problem with China Glaze.  One time I accidentally wore Shower Together without a basecoat on my toes and I STILL have a little staining on my big toe from it.  Lesson learned, for sure.  Just wish there was a way to wear these colors without the staining.

4 comments:

  1. My favorite green EVER! I've never had staining, but I don't know if that's just me or because I wear two coats of base or what... The only staining I've ever gotten is WnW Teal of Fortune and my nails are STILL green a month later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great colour :-) I haven't experienced any CG staining though I've never used any of their bright colours. I find the Asos by Ciate polishes stain terribly though, even with multiple base coats.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...